The term Thrissur is the abbreviated anglicized form of the Malayalam word ‘THRISSIVAPERUR’ which means the town of the “SACRED SIVA”. The town is built on an elevated ground, at the apex of which is the famous “VADAKKUMNATHAN” Temple. A place of great antiquity, Thrissur was also known as “VRISHABHADRIPURAM” and “TEN KAILASAM” in ancient days.
- Containment zones in Thrissur district as on 10/08/2020
- Press Release (1) – 10/08/2020
- Containment zones in Thrissur district as on 9/8/2020 with modification on whole irinjalakuda and muriyad into containment zone from triple lock down
- Containment Zones in Thrissur District as on 07/08/2020
- Press Release (2) – 07/08/2020